The CHPA welcomes new members, including qualified hypnotherapists and students of clinical hypnotherapy. You can find information about membership on this page, including a link to the membership application form. You are welcome to contact us on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 086 388 2424 if you would like any help with your membership application.
Benefits of membership
Benefits for Practising Hypnotherapist Members:
- €120 per year for practising members; membership fee includes CHPA CPD events plus group supervision. See CPD events page here
- Access to OBF insurance rate €105
- Certificate of Membership
- Listing on the register of hypnotherapists on The CHPA website
- Notification of telephone/email enquiries made to The CHPA looking for a therapist
- A Vote at general meetings of the organisation
- Contacts for Supervision
- Peer / Supervision Groups organised by The CHPA are included in membership fee
- Access to Garda Vetting
Benefits for Non Practising & Student Members:
- €70 per year for non-practising members; membership fee includes CHPA CPD events
- €50 per year for hypnotherapy student members; membership fee includes CHPA CPD events.
Categories of membership
a. Hypnotherapist membership, which is open to practising Hypnotherapists holding a qualification in Hypnotherapy recognised by the Association; such a member may use the designation MCHPA
It is a condition of practising membership that the candidate for membership undergoes vetting by An Garda Siochana.
b. Student membership, open to students studying for a Hypnotherapy qualification at training institutions recognised by the Association. Such a member may not use any designation
c. Non-practising Membership, open to qualified Hypnotherapists who are not practising but wish to retain membership for a limited period after ceasing practice or during a break in practice. The time permitted for a member to remain a non practising member will be determined by the Committee from time to time. Such a member may not use any designation.
Obligations of membership
All practising Hypnotherapist members must:
- Undertake CPD in Hypnotherapy knowledge and skills, comprising a minimum of 15 CPD hrs/ pts each calendar year.
- Attend at least 4 supervision sessions each year, 2 of which may be group supervision.
- Have Liability Insurance cover.
Join The CHPA
Membership is from January to December of each year. Membership Fees are as follows:
€120 per year for practising members; membership fee includes CHPA CPD events plus group supervision.
€70 per year for non-practising members; membership fee includes CHPA CPD events.
€50 per year for student members, i.e. students studying for qualification as hypnotherapists. Membership fee includes CHPA CPD events.
Obtain membership application form [clinical-hypnotherapy-professionals-association-membership-application-form-1 (1) (2)
Membership of The CHPA is open to all Hypnotherapists who have qualified through a course of training which meets the minimum standard for Hypnotherapy training as laid down and adopted in the United Kingdom by the Hypnotherapy Profession Specific Board of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council, the regulatory body for the complementary healthcare professions. This minimum standard of hypnotherapy training must include a minimum of 120 hours in person interactive tuition (not online).
Where can I train to this standard?
Approved Hypnotherapy training schools Ireland
CPHT Hypnotherapy Training School
Tel: 021 427 3575
Tel: 086 343 2992
Other routes to qualification
For Hypnotherapists who have been in practice for 5 years or more, you may upgrade your qualification by obtaining (through a portfolio assessment), the Hypnotherapy in Practice Diploma (HPD).
Details of the HPD by portfolio can be found here: